My dad found out on Tuesday that he gets to go home on Saturday!! He also passed his swallowing test on Tuesday. This is a huge success because that meant that he can know drink and eat, something he hasn't done in 41/2 weeks!! I could not imagine not being able to have anything to drink for that long and always having a dry mouth. I was there when he had his first meal and he did a GREAT job! He didn't choke, cough, throw up, nothing! He didn't eat a whole lot but the nurse said he did really good. They are going to have to keep his feeding tube in for a while longer to supplement since his appetite isn't huge right now. My mom and brother are going today to a training class on how to clean and treat his feeding tube and trach area. Also how and when to use his upper body brace. Please pray for them as they will have to be the "nurse" at home until he no longer needs care for those things. We are hoping that my uncle will be able to come down (used to be a nurse) and help for a bit. My grandfather (dads father) is also coming again next week to help care for him so that my mom can still work half days. We are so lucky to have a supportive family and gracious, merciful and sovereign Lord!
I was also able to meet his Physical Therapist and he said that dad had been doing well his is therapy and working hard. Thank you again for all your prayers!! Although it will be a bit of a transition, lots of equipment, hospital bed in the home, and lots of strict care we are glad that dad is able to come home and be a little more comfortable.
I have some pictures but havent downloaded them. When I do I will post them.
YAY! Wonderful, wonderful news! I am so happy to see how far he's come. :]
ReplyDeleteso happy to hear this! we have been praying and am thrilled to hear how much better he's doing. let me know if we can help! (meals, cleaning, anything...)
ReplyDeleteAWESOME! Amanda and I have been praying a LOT for him! We are SO glad to see your father going home!
ReplyDelete