Ok, so I have basically given up at posting anything since we have been here at my parents because our camera memory card isn't compatible with this computer, therefore, I cant post pictures. I didn't want to just post without pictures...so I gave up until we get our computer hooked back up. BUT here is an update on life!
Abe graduated from Southern Seminary a few weeks back and we couldn't be more excited!! I just cant believe that when we want to do something he can put his book down and do it now. Crazy. I never knew life could be like that. :) So now for the first time in our almost five years of marriage Abe is not in school, we have no tuition to be paid, books to be bought, papers to be written, test to be studied for, and I-65 North bound drives to be made! Granted some of that five years was spent at WKU but the majority of it was at Southern in Louisville. I am proud of my husband for this huge accomplishment.
Now life consist of Abe working two jobs while I still stay home with Isaac (we are now having preschool at home) and sending out resumes to every ministry job ever known to man! Ok, not really but it sure does seem like it. If my memory is right I do believe we have sent out 22 resumes in the last 28 days! We have sent them to places in KY, IN, OH, PA, FL, GA, NC and I believe that is it. We are so excited to see where God places us, whether it be 5 miles down the road or to another state. I ask that you pray for us in this job searching phase of life.
Then NEXT Thursday, June 3rd I will leave with 5 other women to go and share the gospel in Japan for 10 days!! That's right 10 DAYS. I am excited but will miss my family more than I know how to describe. I will have never been gone from Isaac or Abe for that long. Abe has gone away for one week a bunch but as for Isaac, lets put it this way last time I was away from him was when we went to IMB candidate conference in VA last March (2009!) for 4 days. Pray for me in that and pray for our team while we are in country. We want God to be glorified and lost souls to repent and follow Jesus.
Well, I would say that's life right now but we are loving it!
wow--huge things going on! Congrats on his graduation and on going to Japan--that is awesome! Can't wait to see you soon!
ReplyDeleteSo excited for your trip and for Abe's job search!
ReplyDeleteSounds so exciting...looking forward to hearing about Japan and where the Lord leads you guys.
ReplyDelete