Our ministry there was mainly meeting new women and getting them connected to the local missionaries. So we went to parks and played with kids and met there parents, did 5 minute English on the street went to an ESL class and worked with those women, had a scrap booking party with the women that had children in the same school as the missionaries and actually got to meet with these women again for us to cook them some American food and the next day they cooked us some Japanese food! It was a neat experience. We were able to connect with that group of women really well and even get some e-mail addresses. The missionary family that we worked the closest with was very happy with the relationships formed and let us know that God had really used us for that ministry. It was so neat to meet so many people and the way they "do" life. I will say that the Japanese culture I have learned is VERY nice and I cant recall meeting a rude person. In return they are more likely to listen. But for them to really trust you there has to be that relationship formed and trust built. Hence, the reason we did so many outreach things.
I will post more about other stuff we did and saw in later posts. For now here are some pictures!
We met these kids on the street. They were doing a school project/outing and asked us if we could feel out there survey for them. We did and needless to say they were stoked about it!!
This was at the ESL class I talked about. I had two partners and this was one of them. She is the one "in charge'' of the class. She is super sweet.
This is during the 5 minute English class on the street. This girl was happy to talk to me and even more happy when she found out I was a believer because she is too!!! How cool! I didn't see this but I was told that when she left she was smiling and skipping. :)
so glad that you had such a good time! my sister just got back from a month in Tokyo and is making plans to move there permanently! i look forward to reading more of your posts!
ReplyDeletelooks like an awesome trip! thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteSarah- Wow! Permanently! Who is she going there with? Glad she had a good time as well. That will be such a neat minisrty for her.
ReplyDelete