Tuesday, August 10, 2010

ESL in Japan

The ESL ( English as a Second Language) class that we went to was held in someones house/shop. There were 7 ladies there but I believe that a couple were not able to make it this particular day. While there we paired up and had a sheet with questions on it that we were to ask each other. Simple get to know you type questions... Whats your name, where are you from, Favorite food, favorite color, etc. These ladies were SO sweet and hospitable. After answering each others questions we had to introduce each other to the rest of the group, of course they had to speak English AND so did we. :) I think we got the easy part of the deal! One lady was soo funny and was so embarrassed to speak in front everyone. After all that they got up and served us lunch!! I have a few pictures that I will post in another post but you can see glances from some of these photos. It was a tasty lunch though! We were only able to work with these women this day, so we did not see them again before we left. You can pray for them and one particular missionary that works with them often.
These were all the women there. The lady in the black shirt, front, middle is the one I said was so embarrassed. As you can see she is for pictures as well. :)

All of us together and a glance at the food.
We brought gifts for each of the ladies.







No comments:

Post a Comment