We started our first day of homeschool September 6, 2011! My little-older boy started Kindergarten! Hard to believe. Now that we have been in it for a couple months we may getting the hang of things...MAYBE! :) This is a huge task. Some days have been better than others but that's how it is, right? Reassurance other homeschool mommies??
On Mondays we go to Classical Conversations 9-12am and that is our school for the day. I LOVE Mondays! But those sure are some jam packed 3 hours. In the course of the three hours they have their Big group time (everyone all ages in one room together) and go through history time line, family presentations, and John 1 in English and Latin. Then they go to their class (group of 8 students) with the tutor and parents and do history, Latin, Grammar, Science experiment/project, math, Art first 6 weeks then tin whistle next 6 weeks and class presentations! Whew. Lately while the weather has been nice several families will head to the park with lunch and let the kids run. Well deserved I think. :) I hope we can figure something out for the colder months, because I enjoy this time too!
Here are a few pictures of Abe taking Isaac to his first day of CC (Classical Conversations). I had Silas the Thursday before (4 days prior) so I wasn't quite ready to be out. August 22, 2011
Dad and ninja/Isaac
No comments:
Post a Comment